Eric E. EricksonPartner
Eric E. Erickson
Eric grew up on a farm near Summit, South Dakota. He graduated from South Dakota State University in 2004 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Political Science and a minor in Business Administration. Following graduation, Eric worked for Daktronics, Inc. as a salesman to the large sport venue market in Florida which included universities, municipal stadiums and arenas, and spring training baseball facilities. In 2007, Eric moved back to South Dakota to serve as the Executive Director of the South Dakota Association of County Officials. In that position, Eric represented South Dakota’s Auditors, Treasurers, and Registers of Deeds to the state and federal governments.
Eric graduated from the University of South Dakota School of Law in 2013 with High Honors. While in law school, Eric was active in the Trial Team, served as president of the Moot Court Board, served as a graduate assistant to the Government Research Bureau during his second year in law school and as graduate assistant to the General Counsel for the South Dakota Board of Regents during his third year. He interned with the Lincoln County State’s Attorney in 2011 and with Cutler Law Firm, LLP in 2012. Eric joined Cutler Law Firm, LLP as an associate in 2013. Eric became a partner in January, 2018.
Eric and his wife, Hannah, live in Sioux Falls, with their son Henry.
- South Dakota State University (B.S. in Political Science, minor in Business Administration, 2005)
- University of South Dakota School of Law (J.D., with high honors, 2013)
- South Dakota (2013)
- United States District Court for the District of South Dakota (2013)
- American Bar Association
- South Dakota Bar Association
- Second Circuit Bar Association
Areas of Practice
- Agricultural Law
- Banking and Financial Services Law
- Business Organizations & Transactions
- Construction Law
- Creditor Rights
- Government Relations & Lobbying
- Municipal & Government Law
- Real Estate Law
- Telecommunications, Utilities & Energy Law
- Sioux Empire Staters for State (President)
- Family Visitation Board of Directors
- Sioux Falls Chamber of Commerce Issues Management Council
- South Dakota Boys’ State Corporation and Counselor
Recent Articles & News
Cutler Law Firm, LLP is pleased to announce that 8 of our attorneys were recently selected as either Super Lawyers or Rising Stars to the 2018 edition of Great Plains Super Lawyers. Attorneys selected as Super Lawyers are ranked in the top 5% of practicing attorneys...
As has been widely reported by local media outlets, Mill’s Fleet Farm is coming to Sioux Falls. In a development project with Lloyd Companies, the 185,000 square foot facility will be located within the Sanford Sports Complex, at the corner of E. Benson Road and...
Cutler Law Firm, LLP is pleased to announce that Eric R. Matt has joined the firm as a business and estate planning attorney. Eric was born and raised on a dairy farm in Quinn, South Dakota. He earned a Bachelors of Business Administration, summa cum laude, from the...
Cutler Law Firm, LLP is pleased to announce that Eric E. Erickson will become a partner with the firm as of January 1, 2018. Eric Erickson joined the firm as an associate in 2013. He received his Bachelor of Science degree in political science with a minor in business...