Nathan S. SchoenPartner
Nathan S. Schoen
Nate joined the firm as an associate in 2004 and became partner in 2010. A native of Sioux Falls, Nate attended South Dakota State University where he received his B.S. in business economics. Nate earned his law degree from the University of Nebraska College of Law and his LL.M. in taxation from the University of Missouri – Kansas City. Nate is licensed to practice law in South Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa and Nebraska. In 2010, Nate was certified as designated closing counsel for the US Small Business Association 504 Loan Program. Nate is also listed in Bond Buyer’s Muni Marketplace “Red Book” as Bond Counsel.
Nate’s areas of practice are focused in municipal law, public finance, banking, SBA lending, business organizations and transactions, and real estate law. Nate has undergone specialized training and is licensed in 4 states in order to provide clients with assistance and guidance in SBA lending and public finance.
Nate and his wife, Candi, live in Sioux Falls and have two children. In his free time, Nate enjoys sending time at the lake in Okoboji, IA.
- South Dakota State University (B.S. Business Economics with high honors, 1999)
- University of Nebraska College of Law (J.D., 2002)
- University of Missouri-Kansas City (LL.M. in Taxation 2004)
- South Dakota (2002); Minnesota (2004)
- Iowa (2011); Nebraska (2011)
- United States District Court for the District of South Dakota (2004)
- United States Tax Court (2004)
- American Bar Association
- South Dakota Bar Association
- Minnesota Bar Association
- Iowa Bar Association
- Nebraska Bar Association
- Second Circuit Bar Association
Areas of Practice
- Banking & Financial Law
- Business Organizations & Transactions
- Construction Law
- Creditor Rights
- Municipal & Government Law
- Personal & Business Taxation and Planning
- Real Estate Law
- Telecommunications, Utilities & Energy Law
- Boy Scouts of America
- Eagle Scout Board of Review
Recent Articles & News
As has been widely reported by local media outlets, Mill’s Fleet Farm is coming to Sioux Falls. In a development project with Lloyd Companies, the 185,000 square foot facility will be located within the Sanford Sports Complex, at the corner of E. Benson Road and...
Cutler Law Firm, LLP is pleased to announce that Eric R. Matt has joined the firm as a business and estate planning attorney. Eric was born and raised on a dairy farm in Quinn, South Dakota. He earned a Bachelors of Business Administration, summa cum laude, from the...
Cutler Law Firm, LLP is pleased to announce that Eric E. Erickson will become a partner with the firm as of January 1, 2018. Eric Erickson joined the firm as an associate in 2013. He received his Bachelor of Science degree in political science with a minor in business...