Ryan J. TaylorPartner
Ryan J. Taylor
Ryan Taylor joined the firm in 2001. He is a native of Mellette, South Dakota, and a 1993 graduate of the University of South Dakota with a degree in business administration/accounting. Following graduation, Ryan worked as a Certified Public Accountant and Audit Senior specializing in public utilities and small business with Eide Helmeke & Co. (now Eide Bailly, LLP).
Ryan returned to the University of South Dakota in 1996 and graduated from the University of South Dakota School of Law in 1999. He was admitted to the South Dakota Bar in 1999 and practiced in Rapid City, South Dakota, where he served as outside counsel to Black Hills Corporation until joining Cutler Law Firm, LLP.
Ryan’s practice includes significant regional and local companies in the banking, telecommunication and utilities industry and has substantial experience in renewable energy and emerging industries.
Ryan is an avid supporter of the University of South Dakota Athletic Department.
- University of South Dakota (B.S. Business Administration with an emphasis in Accounting, 1993)
- University of South Dakota School of Law (J.D., 1999)
- South Dakota (1999)
- United States District Court for the District of South Dakota (2000)
- American Bar Association
- South Dakota Bar Association
- Second Circuit Bar Association
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rated
- Best Lawyers in America – Lawyer of the Year 2013 – Mergers & Acquisitions Law
Areas of Practice
- Banking & Financial Services Law
- Business Organizations & Transactions
- Creditor Rights
- Telecommunications, Utilities & Energy Law
- University of South Dakota Foundation Trustee
Recent Articles & News
Cutler Law Firm, LLP Partner, Ryan J. Taylor, has been appointed to serve on the Presidential Search Committee to hire the new president for the University of South Dakota, replacing James W. Abbott who is the 17th president of USD. The finalists in the search have...
Cutler Law Firm, LLP is pleased to announce that Eric E. Erickson will become a partner with the firm as of January 1, 2018. Eric Erickson joined the firm as an associate in 2013. He received his Bachelor of Science degree in political science with a minor in business...
Cutler Law Firm, LLP attorneys Richard A. Cutler, and Ryan J. Taylor have been named to the Best Lawyers in America© 2017 list. Best Lawyers is the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession. A listing in Best...
Cutler Law Firm, LLP attorneys Richard A. Cutler, Jayna M. Voss and Ryan J. Taylor have been named to the Best Lawyers in America© 2016 list. Best Lawyers is the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession. A listing in Best Lawyers is...