Steven J. SarbackerPartner
Steven J. Sarbacker
Steve Sarbacker joined the firm in 1997. He grew up in Moorhead, Minnesota, and graduated in 1988 from the University of North Dakota with a degree in banking and finance. After working in sales and lending for two years, Steve returned to Grand Forks and began his studies at the University of North Dakota School of Law. In 1993, he was awarded his law degree with distinction and was selected as a member of the Order of the Coif.
Steve began his law practice with the Attorney General for the State of Missouri. He later worked for the Missouri Department of Insurance, and he eventually became Chief Counsel of the Division of Financial Regulation. Steve was in charge of all mergers and acquisitions involving insurance companies, HMOs, and other regulated entities in Missouri. In 1997, he moved to Sioux Falls and joined Cutler Law Firm, LLP. Steve has been recognized in the 2009 through 2019 editions of Great Plains Super Lawyers®.
Steve’s interests include playing hockey, hunting, fishing and antiquing. He and his wife, Sarah, have a son, Isaac, and a daughter, Lydia.
- University of North Dakota (B.B.A. Banking and Finance, 1988)
- University of North Dakota School of Law (J.D., with distinction, Member of the Order of the Coif, 1993)
- American Bar Association
- South Dakota Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- Second Circuit Bar Association
- Super Lawyers – Mergers and Acquisitions (2009 – 2017)
Areas of Practice
- Banking & Financial Services Law
- Business Organizations & Transactions
- Creditor Rights
- Real Estate Law
- Sioux Falls Area Community Foundation Development Committee
- Ronald McDonald House of Charities Board Member
- Ice Sports Association, Campaign Cabinet Member
- Sioux Falls Youth Hockey Association, Coach
Recent Articles & News
Congratulations to the Cutler Law Firm, LLP attorneys selected for inclusion in the 2023 Great Plains Super Lawyers list. The list recognizes the top 5 percent of the attorneys in South Dakota, North Dakota, Iowa and Nebraska. The selection is based on attorneys who...
Cutler Law Firm, LLP is pleased to announce that 8 of our attorneys were recently selected as either Super Lawyers or Rising Stars to the 2018 edition of Great Plains Super Lawyers. Attorneys selected as Super Lawyers are ranked in the top 5% of practicing attorneys...
Richard Cutler, Kent Cutler, and Steven Sarbacker have been named to the 2015 Great Plains Super Lawyers list
Cutler Law Firm, LLP attorneys Richard A. Cutler, Kent R. Cutler, and Steven J. Sarbacker have been named to the 2015 Great Plains Super Lawyers list. Each year, no more than five percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers...